These 5 low-calorie foods can help you lose weight  |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- The consumption of variety of foods available during festivals can end up being physically overwhelming for the body
- Detoxification is a process of helping the body get rid of toxins and other harmful substances in the body
- Lighten up your post-Diwali and catalyze the process of detoxification and weight loss through these healthy foods
New Delhi: The process of removal of toxic substances that can harm the body is known as detoxification. This process promotes the strengthening of the immune system, as well as weight loss. During festivals, we might end up eating a generous amount of food, including sweets and snacks. This generosity may affect our body by causing issues such as weight gain, bloatedness, acidity, etc. It might require us to detoxify our bodies to get rid of the post-festival discomfort and feel healthier and happier. Here is how you can go about your post-Diwali detox by including these low-calorie foods in your diet while ensuring healthy weight management and weight loss process.
5 low-calorie foods for weight loss
- Kale: The digestive tract in the human body needs to be taken care of. Maintenance of a healthy colon will promote better body cleansing through bowels. Kale can help in the detoxification because it is a rich source of fibre. One of the popular methods of consumption of kale can be seen in form of detox smoothies. It also contains antioxidants that can help keep the liver clean.
- Avocados: Avocados are foods that are loaded with health and nutritional value. One might think of them as foods with high-fat content due to the creamy, rich texture However, consumption of avocados leads to the lowering of triglyceride and cholesterol levels in the body, thereby promoting a better blood circulation through the blood vessels. Furthermore, they are low in calorie and carbohydrate content which can help promote weight loss.
- Grapefruit: Citrus fruits are known for their immunity boosting and detoxification characteristics. Grapefruit is a rich source of fibre, antioxidants and vitamin C. Naringin and naringenin are two oxidants present in grapefruit that can help cleanse and protect the liver.
- Cabbage: Going generous on the fibre intake will only promote a healthy digestive tract, thereby aiding the process of detoxification. Ceriferous vegetables like cabbage, are a great source of antioxidants and fibre. Cabbage contains glutathione, which is an antioxidant that can help prevent damage by toxins in the body. It can be used for detox in form of cabbage soups.
- Broccoli: When we think of healthy, more often than not broccoli crosses our mind. This ceriferous vegetable is loaded with nutrition including fibre and antioxidants. It also contains sulforaphane and glutathione which can help with the detoxification process. It can be used for detox in form of broccoli soups and consuming it as salad.
Apart from a healthy diet, make sure you are drinking ample of water, staying physically active and taking care of yourself.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now